About Now

Win: contribution to libSQL (SQLite) codebase

Back in November, I was exploring Vector Search with sqlite-vss extension. On Turso, I couldn’t get it to work. I assumed it was a problem with the extension.

This week I investigated further using git bisect to find the problematic commit. Surprisingly, it was a small, seemingly innocent change. My coworkers helped a great deal in understanding the bug, taught me C, and gave a short primer on gdb.

My pull request is now merged!

Update: Feb 19, 2024

I managed to fix one more bug!

I learned some more C and a lot more about the VDBE. I am very happy about this patch, because I managed to figure out on my own =)