One of the good things about participating at RC is that you can work on anything you want. Yesterday I spent some time on the open PRs I had gotten on my side projects.
- A PR on my fast sqlite inserts project improved the performance by ~22%, bringing down the insertion time to 23s!
- A PR on grpc-errors repo fixed the Go examples to make it work with newer versions of golang, go mod, and gRPC
Upgrading Django version (v1 to v4)
I have an open source project that uses an outdated version of Django. I looked into updating to the latest version. I believe this task would be pretty easy as I don’t need to support backward compatibility.
(I will add more notes here on the process)